Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The EPIC Comeback

Although I'm getting pretty busy with honours lab work commencing this week (really tiresome work @.@), that didn't really kept me out from dota, at least for one or two games per day. Nevertheless I don't usually talk about my own replay, but yesterday we had a terrific game. As usual, me and my buddies are playing inhouses on Garena (we no longer play Garena pubs because they're retards), and in this particular game, we played a 6v6 map with these lineup:

The Sentinel
rayupp
ar688
bleach_birth
icetrophy
hashbowl
NoobNotFunny1

The Scourge
[D]arksLayeR
SanzeniN
hoRny_hoTTy
v3nDretta_
ANTUjamban
trancer_fila
map: dota allstars 6.67c_6v6
mode: -apspso
version: 1.24D
link (dunno if working)

*I tag the wrong hero on hashbowl. He's playing Lanaya, not Witch Doctor*

Looking at the heroes line up, there really is no excuse for scourge NOT to win. And they (we) do indeed win, but we did it in a very hard way.

To introduce, Sentinel had what I'd compliment as pro, Icetrophy and NoobnotFunny, with bleach_birth and hashbowl can be dangerous at times if they are at their day. The pros at scourges are Edi (Vendretta), Saie (DarkSlayer) and me (SanzeniN) (Hot was very good too). To sum up the game, we at scourge had a horrible, absolutely horrible early game. Started with a lame first blood which could have been easily avoided if I fissure block properly (but I failed to stun cancel my fissure because of spiking). Then sentinel literally walk over us, led by Noob's Dark Seer, not giving us a chance to gain much farm.

But at mid-game, we manage to reverse the situation with a bit with more teamwork kills and Ursa's roshan, but one crucial mistake at mid base cost us our mid rax, when OD astral prisoned Weaver while SK and me was about to blink-ult (and knowing me, it's hard for me to cancel blink because of the spike). We end up getting killed and lose our mid rax, making it even harder to push. But brilliant display from SK and Ursa, along with great teamwork from WD, ES, OD and Cent enable us to bounce back and made an epic comeback and win the game.
Overall probably not the greatest game for a pub-level IH, but the tense really got to me for this game because I myself couldn't believe how we are badly lose in the early game. From going down 5-30 to winning 70-50 in kills is quite something.

p/s: Don't pay attention to me in this replay because my performance was really sub-par in this game. Apparently my connection is not quite compatible with the host (bleach_birth) and I often end up having spike every one and then, which is obvious from some of the embarassingly missed blink fissure and enchant totem -.-;


TL;DR -
-60 minutes game
-a total of more than 130 kills
-sentinel heavily owned scourge early game
-scourge lose mid rax after one crucial mistake mid game
-MVP: SK and Ursa

take home message: losing one rax doesn't mean you'd lose the game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spike?? alasan je tu siden..haha

seraph said...

lol, alasan baik punya.
Tapi betul la, sejak akhir2 ni aku slalu lag/spike dengan host melbourne ==