Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Winter series impression, part 2 *updated*

continuing my Winter impression from this post. Sorry it took a bit long, I was so immersed with SO4 in the last few days ;p




Ladies vs Butlers
MAL/official
comment: Kanokon in disguise, no surprise coming from Xebec. The show was entertaining at least, but was also bit more dangerous..if you know what I mean. And again, it was Ayako Kawasumi as some cunning evilish woman. Oh and Kugimiya too, and Ami Koshimizu as dojikko maid which looks kinda weird. As said before, I do enjoy the show, in particular the banter going on between Flameheart and Hino.
ps: Drill
rating: 3.5/5




Omamori Himari
MAL/official
comment: Okay show so far, but one problem I have with Omamori Himari is stereotype and predictability. No, I'm not talking about the cat allergy etc that some people are gloating about. A deity girl with sworn duty to protect a guy from some special descendant. Transferring to the same school. Jealous osana najimi. More supernatural beings got attracted to the main protagonist. It's just that...I'm just tired of the same old overused cliche, (pretty much like how I find many of recent jrpgs have unoriginal stories). But at least I still find the show enjoyable to watch. Or maybe I should say that Ami Koshimizu is the sole reason I kept on watching this, especially her old-style speech inherited from you-know-who.
ps: boobs^2
rating: 3/5




Ookamikakushi
MAL/official
comment: From the creator of Higurashi. Ookamikakushi has a really nice and clean art. Great OP song too. The plot was a bit slow, but was quite promising and intriguing nonetheless, like the mysterious air about the town Jouga and various legends it had (*cough*Hinamizawa*cough*), seeing how popular Hiro is in the class and people got attached to him easily, the stuff about Hassaku and how it affect Issei's behaviour (oh god, why oh why), and many more. Umineko is already a disappointment in term of art and character development, so hopefully Ookamikakushi could remedy my disappointment.
ps: fffffuuuuu yaoi in my animu щ ゚Д゚щ
verdict: 5/5 (definitely watching)



Seikon no Qwaser
MAL/official
Comment: Eww, censoring at its highest order. I accidentally stumbled upon the manga quite a long time before the anime was announced, and hence kinda looking forward to the anime. Then they show some rubbish censoring... Although it has nice animation and fighting scenes, I seriously wont bother watching the show, not until each episode's uncensored version come out.
ps: Cecily and Lisa reunited again.
rating: 1.5 (censored, cbf); 4.5 (uncensored)




Sora no Woto
MAL/official
comment: K-ON+mild war+trumpet. The animation is indeed greatly resembled K-ON and there's a bit musical element involved too (trumpet rofl). To be honest I don't find the show that interesting even after 3 episodes, still don't know what I want to expect from the show. Something like Valkyria Chronicle's plot or something like K-ON leasure time? For sure, I want to see more of Takemikazuchi tank in action (my I can only think of Persona when I heard this name...lol). Oh, and need more Noel too.
At first I thought Yuu Kobayashi as Rio sounds weird as her voice is a bit too rough, but eventually I grew accustomed to her voice, in particular when she shouts :3
ps: band of trumpeters
rating: 2.5/5 (not much to expect tbh)


**********



Katanagatari
MAL/official
comments: No wonder the sub for episode 1 took so long to be released, with that much dialogue involved in the opening episode, and the fact that it runs for 50 minutes doesn't help much either. The animation and character are simple though not that appealing. In the first glance, I thought the animation looks like shaft's, albeit it isn't. As said earlier, there are a bit too much talking scenes in this episode, good thing it's not that complicated and so far I could say that I'm quite interested with the story. And there's Yukari Tamura too :3
ps: awsm ED by Fairy Yui, as usual \o/
rating: 3/5

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.