Pages

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Vesperia Master

'master


My gaming time in the last week was spent to play Tales of Vesperia (x360) for the third time, and getting some few achievements I have yet to get. I just had to get that 1000G for this game because I'd feel restless if my all time favorite jrpg was not complete. I could had get it on monday, but one carelessness to use magic lens on a boss (Attack bat in Weasand of Cados) cause me to miss 2 Achievements and as a result, I was forced to spend another 8-9 hours on Tuesday to speedrun my Fourth and final playthrough, just because of that puny monster :( Kinda frustrating, but hey, at least I finally got a full 1000/1000 for Tales of Vesperia \o/

I would say getting a full 1000G for Tales of Vesperia is not that hard, you just need to be very careful because there are so many missable things that can affect your achievements - boss monsters, missable quests (eg labyrinth of Memories); and some are a bit tedious to accomplish (eg Repede's dog map and 100,000 travel, which essentially made me afk from my 360 for about 5 hours).
Overall full 1000G difficulty: 7/10



Some of my random thoughts:
-Rita, despite her anti-nonsense title, is pretty afraid of ghost :3
-Oh yeah, the ED...I finally remembered that. one of the weirdest way to display the ending. I won't say it's bad, it's just....not satisfactory.
-finally got Secret Mission 17 against Yeager in Zaude. To tell the truth, this SM is about the only one I'm totally not confident in doing. And it still took me 3 tries to get this SM in this playthrough...I'm totally not going to repeat this SM again.
-the difference between Hard and Unknown difficulty is worlds apart, seriously. With full equipments; in Hard, most mobs can hardly scratch you for more than 10 damage but in Unknown, they can easily kill you in a few hits even if your HP is 9999. That's a huge transition between the two modes, really.
-Talk about HP, I'm a bit disappointed that the HP in this game can't go over 9999, because it's easily attainable around level 100+, while the max level in this game is level 200.
-Rita and Yuri remained one of the most broken characters I've ever seen.
  • Yuri with his infinite combo. He eats Kratos for breakfast easy. [video]
  • Rita, well, what can I say? TIDAL WAVE BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE [video]
*video credit to omegaevolution*
-Estelle is the queen of costume
-My favorite costume:
  • Yuri - Improvisionist+black bunny ear
  • Estelle - Magical maiden+angel outfit
  • Rita - Seeker+red bunny ear
  • Karol - Golden Soldier+transform belt
  • Judith - not much...maybe Glamorous maid+white bunny ear
  • Raven - Shining Star + ....dunno what attachment suits him best
  • Repede - no costume :( But any of the Overdrive dolls are fine
by the way, NAMCO PLEASE RELEASE ENGLISH VERSION OF TOV PS3

0 comments: