Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

[dota] RD's selected replay of the month

It's been awhile since I post about dota. Due to my study, I haven't been able to play any game since the last few weeks, although I still kept in touch on changes and replays uploaded on GG. This time, one particular replay from Storm the Front caught my attention, featuring Indonesian team [R]Digi on sentinel, and Malaysian team SOS on scourge.

Replay details:


GameMode: -cm
Length: 20:12 Minutes

now take time to look at the picks and the game length, and you'll know straight away who's the winner.

ok, let's spill the bean then since my comments will obviously contains spoilers about who's the winner.
Click me for winner


SENTINEL WIN


Replay download: [Gosugamers]

In fact, the game probably broke the record of fastest ever game in competitive game, as the Throne was down just under 10 minutes, game time. Sentinel went straight to mid, taking down tower after tower viciously with their superior pushing, healing, mana repleshing and unit numbers; leaving scourge with no room to respond.

Really impressive pushing strategy by sentinel and they executed it perfectly, but they were also helped by the fact that scourge was a totally "inexperienced" team. Oh well, I'll be harsh here. scourge are noob. Up until sentinel's 4th pick, SOS have seen sentinel picking Pugna, Furion, Ezalor and Venomancer. It's a very obvious push strat, yet what do they do with their final pick? Naix and Ursa. Wait whut? It's true that they might not expect the 5-man push right from the beginning, but not even picking an anti-push for safety measure in their final 2 picks is beyond noob. ES was banned, but there's still the likes of Undying, Pit Lord available. Heck I would even say Krobelus would do the job if combined with one of the previous two. Their play was also terrible, throwing themselves one by one to sentinel only to be killed. How are they even in the tournament to beginw ith? I feel ashamed by my fellow countrymen :( The reason I sounds mad is because sentinel's strat can be countered easily if scourge pick the right hero instead of Naix and Ursa, yet it appears that they only pick whatever good for them without considering the opponent's strategy.

p/s: lol@chatlog

0 comments: