Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gamefaqs Character Battle: Yuri vs Tifa

Gamefaqs Annual Character Battle was under way according to tradition. As frequent visitor/poster on gamefaqs (only on certain game boards though), I actually never bothered about participating on the events as I personally don't see any relevance of doing this kind of thing, because of several reasons. One is that I'm not familiar with some of the characters from western games (or eastern/japanese games on consoles I didn't own), so it would be unjust for me to blatantly vote my characters without knowing the others. Second, and most importantly, is that eventually overhyped character will likely win this event. Yes, I'm talking about the likes of FF, Zelda, Sonic, Mario etc. and hence no matter how nice a character from obscure series are, they would have no chance. The glory is all set for Cloud, Vincent, Link, to name a few. A less-known/played games (eg Kratos, Arumat and Jade Curtis) will certainly have little to no chance. Today's poll (which I just know because someone on Vesperia board mentioned it), which featured Yuri Lowell vs Tifa Lockheart demonstrate just that.

Click me to view






It's not going to take a genius to figure out who's going to win. I'm not implying that Tales series are "that" obscure for people not actually take notice of the game, but rather the mainstream games would easily dominate this kind of worldwide events because of the sheer size of fanbases around the world, some who only vote the character because, well, simply because they're from FF or Zelda etc.

links: gamefaqs Character Battle - main page

0 comments: