Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TLR = The "Troubled" Remnant

Finally beat The Fallen for 140G achievement \o/



After Magna Carta 2 and Lost Odyssey, I spent the last few days (weeks, maybe) on The Last Remnant, a game I used to hate due to it's so-called innovative combat system. Thinking back, the reason I distance myself from the game is probably because of my old SDTV, which made it virtually impossible for me to read anything written on the screen. I guess having a HD monitor really helps bringing me back to this game.


Hand of God...wait it does not heal all my allies and creeps! wtf?

Seriously for all the hype I heard about the Fallen, this guy isn't that hard in my opinion. Some of his attacks are quite lethal, but he is squishy (Just over 400,000 hp) and can be taken down quickly. Each of my Union deals 30k+ damage to him and we could have finished the fight within 5 turns if not because I spent the next 3 turns reviving and healing (finished the battle at the 8th turn)

Currently still on disk 2, just before entering Mt. Vackel and Undelwalt. Since the Six-Base mission and the followed-up Koenigsdorf and Darken Forest, I have spent more than 2 days entirely on raising my leader's skill (via Rush's solo skill-grind method at Robelia Castle), as well as grinding my Battle Rank by pwning the Ancbolders in Ancient Ruins. Seriously I can't believe that for all the hard work need to be done to beat the Holy Servant and gain access to Metopen Tier of the Ancient Ruin, the Ancbolders that awaits me were unbelievably weak. Their Hammerspin is laughable, and the only threat they pose is their normal attacks which can cause instant KO..but that has never been a problem with Vivication, Kiss of Life and Second Chance (although the latter two are too extreme for such trivial KO).

Next prey: The Absolute Conquerer for 200G achievement. But probably not until I get more Weapon Arts and maxed my gear.

0 comments: