Pages

Friday, December 04, 2009

Magna Carta 2 - Overcoming the DLC content

So thank's to the peoples in gamefaqs/Xbox360Achievements board, I was finally able to solve the issue beneath the DLC problems faced by peoples who played NTSC Asia version of Magna Carta 2.

Before downloading the DLC, with my current SG/AU account, the Achievement bar on 360:

1000

this contradict with the score on MGC which shows a total achievement of 1240G
mgc1240

Even when I download the DLC from XBL with AU account, for some reason the DLC does not appear in my game. While when I switch my region to SG, the DLC does not appear at all. From this I came to a conclusion that the DLC that I download is not compatible with my current MC2 disc...what a shame.

anyway it's all solved now and I manage to get the DLC to appear in my game. How:
1. Create a US XBL account
2. Buy the DLC with the US account (press "Y" on "Play MagnaCarta2" on Dashboard and go to Download tab). Note that the DLC does NOT appear when I use AU/SG account, but for some reason it present in US account.
3. Switch to AU/SG account
4. Load the game
5. ????
6. profit
*credit to zhiyung for the how-to*

and as a result, the DLCs were properly added to the game, including the extra Live Dramas and the uber weapons. I have to say, the Live Dramas were very funny, it made me laugh very hard especially the first 2, involving Zephie's split personality and her awesome cooking (man, Salt-pickled Apple Pie with chili sauce and Steamed Chicken stuffed with chocolate, yuzu pepper sauce and habaneros topped with squid ink sauce... what the hell are those?).

Unfortunately, after checking back to claim the weapons achievements, it appears that I'm missing Crocell's and Argo's weapon achievements, which is probably due to
not buying some of their weapons early in Cota Mare. I guess this means a second playthrough to me, but I'll probably do that after I finish Lost Odyssey first. Although I have already got the Skill tree achievements, I still want to farm the 18 Seekers I farmed so hard in my first playthrough and do all the quests, just for the sake of a single playthrough completion..

MC2 review coming soon, hopefully.

2 comments:

LordOfLogic said...

Hey, does this mean that you purchased Microsoft Points on a US account?

I just bought a 3200 card to buy the DLC... sigh.. don't feel like putting it on a sub-account..

seraph said...

Yes, you need to purchase MS point from your US account, purchase it and load your current account and the DLC should be there. I don't know why it works this way, I have emailed Microsoft a few times before but have never got any reply.

Just purchase a cheap one for your sub-account (unless you also played with that gamertag often), although the lowest I found was still 1000 MS point.

btw make sure that you buy MS point card/code that is compatible with the US account.