Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

1000G for TLR \o/



finally finished The Last Remnant today for a complete 1000G \(^0^)/

That's my first ever "complete" game for 360, discounting Magna Carta 2's DLC achievement. Going into yesterday, I only had 2 achievements left for TLR, that is Monster Dismantler for 20G and beating Absolute Conquerer for 200G grand gamerpoints. Monster Dismantler is quite a pain in the ass because I need to split a total of 500 friggin monsters to get this achievement. Capturing monsters alone is not easy (max I ever got is 7 per battle by linking monsters), and to accumulate 500 of them is even more tedious. So I spent like 4 hours yesterday to link the Armorshells in Fornstrands continuously until I got the achievement, counting EACH and EVERY monsters I manage to capture and split to see how many would be needed to get the achievement. Turn out that I got the achievement when I hit past 200+ splits, which means I've been doing quite a bit of monsters spliting (close to 300, ~150 which I got when I skill grind in Robelia Castle) throughout the game.



Then the final achievement, which share the same name as the game, The Last Remnant. Can be achieved by beating the Absolute Conquerer in Sacred Land. At first I was quite nervous to face him because it is said that he is THE strongest boss in the game, even more ferocious than The Fallen or Lost Remnant. But in the end, he disappoint me by much = = Absolute Conqueror is surprisingly... pathetically weak and never intimidate me as I would expect. Maybe because I'm just lucky, or my strategy against him is too perfect, or just that my characters are too overpowered.

I went for 2 super unions strategy (formation - Battle Crown) with 3 leaders and 2 combat soldiers. Leaders that I use are Rush, Caedmon and Glenys in one union, and Emmy, Baulson and Torgal in another. This means each would have a Heaven's Door, unique Remnant Arts (Omnislash, Hundred Flowers and Lugh's Revenge and a bunch of Weapon Arts. My Rush went for heavy katana route with Enchanted Demonblade weapon and Demonsblow Weapon Art. Oh yeah, I'm going into the final battle at BR119.

His minion Castanea and Roeas were pathetic. Then come the Conquerer himself. The only thing he did that manage to hurt me considerably is Fatal Eclipse, but it was mainly because I'm using battle Crown formation (zero mystic/mystic defence). Other than that, he is the same with his minions, failed to hurt me by much even with his Masterblow, Deep Impact blablabla. Although to some extent I was lucky that he never use the likes of Photon Field and Animacule and I manage to beat him before he enters overdrive state (5 turns I think). I guess my relatively low BR played some part in this battle, because I think if I fight him at, say BR 130+ his HP and power would rack up as hell.

And the ending....BAAAAAWWWWWW :( Kinda touching and sad ending, but it seriously lacks originality as there are just too many jrpg that use that kind of ending these days.

3 weeks well spent on this game I'd say.


/end of rant


*TLR review soon*

0 comments: