Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall 09, how much? [part 3]

Finally the last part. Was meant to post this earlier, but as usual got some stuff to attend to.
Part 1
Part 2



The Sacred Blacksmith
MAL/official
comments: This is one of the Fall show that I like, and has long been in my to-be-watched since its announcement. Maybe because I'm quite fond with the setting of Medieval world fused with supernatural element, and Seiken no Blacksmith definitely fit into the description. Who doesn't get awed by Luke's magical technique to forge a new katana right in the middle of battle? Animation quality is rather average, which is kinda unexpected because I admire the visual novel's art a lot. OP and ED are okay, just that I thought it doesn't quite fit qith the theme of this anime. And also not playlist material I'd say. Regardless whether Toyosaki Aki voiced Lisa or not, somehow the character's expression remind me a lot to K-ON's. Don't ask me why lol.
verdict: **** - In my watchlist



Seitokai no Ichizon
MAL/official
comments: I have to say the introduction in the first episode was nicely done, it impressed me more than others and got me laughing over the parodies mentioned (Dragon Ball/Evolution, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Death Note, Higurashi and many more). The story focus on a group of students in Student Council who were selected based on popularity (Sugisaki must be one of the luckiest bastart in the world with such brain of his and the time he had in Student Council), do their everyday jobs, and every episode seems random (Lucky Star rings the bell), which was fine with me but I do hope they would go deep in plot but at the same time maintain the jokes and parodies like in episode 1. I'm all in for the laugh anyway. Over time I do find the comedy looks rather repetitive and like Fairy Tail, somehow lost its comedy value if no refreshing things were added. Generic harem character design, the animation are nice nonetheless.
verdict: *** - still watch this.



Sora no Otoshimono
MAL/official
comments: Another comedy romance anime on the list. Things looks serious at first when Sakurai discovered a winged angel fell from the sky and decide to save her. But then things turned completely the opposite - the Angel, Ikaros become his servant and will grant any of his wish. From then on it's all in your imagination on what's happening between him, Ikaros, his childhood friend Mitsuki and their 2 upperclassmen (panties meteor made me laugh hard lol). Generic comedy and fanservice in each episode looks fun, but again, I wish to see deep plot involved. Wishful thinking maybe, seeing how Sakurai's senpai suspected something not right with Ikaros's ability, and the fact that Ikaros suddenly fall from the sky together with piles of debris. Can't based my opinion from the first three episodes, I guess. The animation quality is fairly good, often complemented by Sakurai's chibi form to made things looks funnier (but sometimes kinda gone absurd).
verdict: *** - still going to watch.



Tatakau Shisho: the Book of Bantorra
MAL/official
comments: Another Fall show that I like because it offers something that a lot of Fall series doesn't - maturity in plot. The story take place in a unique world where the dead will turn into some sort of stone artifact which stores all their memories, and it is the job of tatakau Shisho, i.e. Armed Librarian to keep these artifact safe. To be honest I don't quite understand what the story try to deliver in the first two episodes, not until the first arc end in episode 4. I was first led to think that Colio is one of the main character lol, until episode 4 ends which justify my thought on the course of the story. IMO The specific terminology used in the series need to be explained (at least by TL's effort) early in the episode (Meat, True Man, Mock Human, Dragon's Pneumonia..). A lot of actions and fighting involved, sometimes looks a little exaggerate.
ps: the people's name in this show is veeeery weird.
verdict: **** In my watchlist.



To Aru kagaku no Railgun
MAL/official
comments: OP song: 10/10, "Only My Railgun" is definitely one of my favorite fall song this year along with 11eyes's. Story: As To Aru majutsu no Index's spinoff, we would expect that Misaka would get a lot more attention this time, which she obviously does. Together with Kuroko, this pair creates some good laugh especially watching Kuroko's obsession toward Misaka as she always been. And then there's Uiharu and Saten, and the ever-"reliable" Judgement to add to the story. We need more Touma though (he's the only male lead ffs), too bad he's just a support character and only appear seldom in the manga, which tells that...
verdict: *** - In my watchlist.

0 comments: