Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall 09, how much? [part 1]

never thought that I actually still manage to watch this many animu comes Fall season. because about a month ago I can't even get a good sleep due to college stuff. Good thing I've finished my uni projects and all that left is another major report, and final exam. Ok, to my usual's not-so-first impression.



11eyes
MAL/official
comments: holy...the songs, that's all I can say. Yes, the very thing that I want to compliment about the show, really is the OP and ED songs, which are as awesome as the game's. I really love the mix of Ayane's usual pop music with Atelier Iris's-like intro for the OP (just as awesome as her Lunatic tears for the game), and not to mention Asriel's ED. Not saying that the story is not good, in fact I enjoy the dark, Night Wizard-esque theme with supernaturals element involved, although it's kinda vague even after 2 episodes - Red Night? Towers? Transfer student?
verdict: **** - in my watchlist.



Asura Cryin 2
MAL/official
comments: Since this is the 2nd season, I can pretty much expect the content - the involvement of first world and Natsume's "brother", and more troubles revolving Asura machina. That aside, overall I'm being neutral to this show - the animation doesn't change, all you see in the first season still present in the sequel; the OP/ED still sticks with Angela (I prefer Angela's song for the first season though). Not my most anticipated show overall.
verdict: *** - will I be able to watch this weekly, or will I wait until it ends and marathon?



Fairy Tail
MAL/official
comments: I swear I've read the manga a bit long ago, but I can't recall my memory of it for some reason, maybe because I got it confused too much with Rave. So I kinda would treat the story as something new. Anyway, as expected the animation is less grand than I would expect, the fighting scenes are okay but still not extravagant. I would like it better if they reduce the random jokes, because over time it's becoming repetitive and lost its comedy value. The BGMs especially are actually nice to listen though. Oh yeah, Kugimiya as Happy and Hirano as Lucy, I kinda lol for some reason.
verdict: ** - Honestly I'm not a fan of one piece/rave/shonen and this one is no different. Will probably drop this show. Sorry kugyuu D :



Kampfer
MAL/official
comments: Gender bender. If 11eyes is about the songs, then for me Kampfer is probably about the seiyuus lol. This show sure has list of delicious seiyuus - Yukari Tamura, Yui Horie, Marina Inoue, Nana Mizuki.. and they even parodied themselves in the series itself for the lulz. Although Marina Inoue also voicing male Natsuru kinda sounds just wrong to me. The concept of the story is fine at best although I'd probably get tired of the typical theme of fighting for the sake of...unknown reason. Nevertheless I'd still watch it for the laugh, from Natsuru's complicated gender situation to Akane's subtle perversion. That aside, I just can't help but wondering (yeah I know logic is useless in this kind of anime) - surely the school doesn't care that much when the library, doors and walls were smashed because of Kampfer's fight?
verdict: **** In my watchlist



Kimi ni Todoke
MAL/official
comments: wow, I never thought this day would come where I would actually watch and enjoy a shoujo show. Met Sadako (er..I mean Sawako), a girl who has a hard time interacting with people due to people's wrong impression toward her. She admired a boy in her class named Kazehaya because of his refreshing nature...and the rest is history. Truth be told I don't favor the generic shoujo artstyle, but Mamiko Noto really amuse me in this show with her personification as Sawako.
verdict: *** - I'd watch as long as Sadako continues to amuse me :3

0 comments: