Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall 09, how much? [part 2]

Let's continue from part 1 on what I think about the Fall shows
part 1



Kobato.
MAL/official
comments: Another CLAMP's work adapted into anime. This looks to be a mix of Chobits and... Tsubasa Chronicle perhaps? The story looks okay after watching the first two episodes, some funny scenes to crack me up especially watching Kobato's total naivety about the world (god knows what kind of world she's in before). Animation art is classy and Hanato Kobato is finely designed, just as expected from Madhouse studio. Some peeps compared this with Chobits, but for me I didn't really see any similarity between the two, except both were by CLAMP's creation, and Kobato/Chii's naivety.
verdict: ** dropped. I'm a huge fan of Chobits, unfortunately Kobato looks average for me thus far and I didn't really plan to extend my watchlist with this show. Not my kind of show I suppose.



Tegami Bachi - Letter bee
MAL/official
comments: In term of concept, my first though upon watching episode 1 is that this was some sort like the male version of Shigofumi. But on the basis of story, that's definitely different. If Shigofumi deals with the dead's letter, Letter Bee deals with the living, where anything can be considered as letter (even human being), and added with that is the addition of partial supernatural elements with the use of mystic gun and the existence of "armored" bug to cause chaos in the middle of the night. Despite not watching the OVA or reading the manga yet, I didn't find much difficulty to understand the story based on episode 1 alone, and further 2 episodes continued to attract me into watching the show, especially after Niche's introduction in ep3. Great, clean animation, one of the better for this season in my list.
ps: I have to say that I've grown attached to Miyuki Sawashiro's voice (aka Cal Devens/Shinku/Tsugumi/Shibasaki etc :3)
verdict: **** - in my watchlist.



Nogizaka haruka no Himitsu Purezza
MAL/official
comments: When I saw season 2 coming, I really hope that the story won't be as linear as season 1 with lame comedy and shallow romance. After watching 3 episodes of season 2, it doesn't seem to me that anything has changed that much compared to season 1 - still typical comedy romance story, some misunderstanding here and there, and still the same old stuff between Yuuto and Haruka, both still being shy to each other, and what's surprisingly is the fact that they didn't even know (or, trying to deny) what they are to each other. The OP and ED song are nice, although I prefer season 1's OP, and especially the catchy ED which season 2 lacks.
verdict: ** - will probably put this show on hold and marathon everything in a go.



Nyan Koi
MAL/official
comments: Cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats. lolwut? Having watched the first 3 episodes, the story doesn't sound that bad - Curse of cats to a boy who is allergic to cats because he broke a cat deity statue's head, and he need to do good deeds to cats to redeem himself. Along the way is the usual harem comedy romance you expect would happen for a high school student, surrounded by a girl he admired, a brute osana najimi, a delivery girl, and more girls to come. First episode was less entertaining than I expected, good thing it improved a bit in the next 2 episodes, more funny and enjoyable. OP and ED are kinda boring for me, worth skipping. On a side note, I notice some sort of similarities in term of character design with FMA, maybe it's just me. In term of animation and style, it shares a lot with Seto no Hanayome which is pretty much due to the studio.
verdict: *** Will try a few more to judge.



Queen's Blade 2: Gyokuzawo Tsugu Mono
MAL/official
comments: oh lawl, it's Queen's Blade. wtf
verdict: ** - watching for lulz, as always.

0 comments: