Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

[dojin game] CRUCIS FATAL FAKE

The full game is available for torrent on Friday, coincidentally the day I was released from the pain of this hellish week :D

Official Website

main screen

Light Studio still maintain the same cell-shaded battle concept from the previous Fatal Fake. I only tried playing this game a couple of time, so I'm not quite familiar with the game mechanic yet, but the control is pretty much the same as in Fatal Fake. But this time, each Servant is pit with their master (you can choose to partner whoever you want btw) in a fight of Holy Grail, and in fight, they can combo together to make the gameplay even better than Fatal Fake. Master can also de-summon their Servant (and the retreated Servant healed super fast, as long as s/he does not exceed his/her max hp. In this state, the Master have to fight alone though. And in the presence of Servants, they will tank all the damage.

Character selection screen

Actually I'm not quite sure whether this really is the final version or not, as some characters are still missing (eg True Assassin and Black Saber), but heck, the current version is cool enough with a lot of different characters to be chosen. Especially GILGAMESH is now available :D

As I said before, I haven't explored much into the game, so I can't comment much about the whole mechanics of the game. The arcade mode is pretty much straightforward like in Fatal Fake, where we are fighting against random pairing from stage to stage. Noble Phantasms aren't that difficult to execute either (except Saber's super Excalibur which I never succeed as I did several times in Fatal Fake), especially because the game provide a list menu for each characters command Also, I noticed that Berserker is significantly weaker than he is in Fatal Fake, I mean he's not that hard to beat when I first met him in arcade mode :3

The game is available to be downloaded (torrent) from Hongfire, thanks to Satu for the upload. idk if Doujinstyle will upload this game on their site or not, but they probably will, given that the size of this game is barely that large.
...................................................................................................................................................

So far I've ventured a bit in using Saber, Rider, Archer, Caster and Gilgamesh. Assassin, Berserker and Lancer aren't really my favorite in Fatal Fake ^^;


Saber's Air Strike, Excalibur and Avalon. I still failed to execute her final Noble Phantasm... v.v



Archer. The Unlimited Blade Works (rightmost) isn't as awesome as in Fatal Fake (or maybe I failed to execute the true UBW :3), but I somehow lol at those line that appeared on the screen :3



Rider's Andromeda, Bellerophon and Gorgon. As well as combo with Sakura. Probably the easiest character to use :3



Caster. Rule Breaker in the last pic. She's fairly okay in this game, although it seems like I can't chain combo her fireball anymore to stunlock and beat Berserker like I usually did in Fatal Fake :3


Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. In this form, his Enuma Elish power increased multiple fold that it can easily dished out 10k+ damages...insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZaUo7wcq0&fmt=18
This is the true UBW, it's executed around 1:30...you press A+B+C, then as soon as the chant is done press 236236C to activate the reality marble...

Anonymous said...

Dude just press z+x+c and them down right down right c thats all