Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Before the Fall

Finally almost all Fall season main series are aired, some even have already reach episode 2. By far there are quite a number of shows that caught my attention, as seen in the Fall series list on the left. These leave behind the shows that have just ended, particularly those Spring and Summer series. Among those series I recently finished watched:


To Love Ru
MAL/official
Okay ending I suppose. I vaguely remember reading similar counterpart plot in the manga when Lala made a failed memory eraser machine. The anime tries to include as much as original anime episode (ok, maybe the term filler is more appriate for some) while still sticking a little bit to the original manga plot. While this adds some excitement (maybe) to watch the anime, some of the original episodes are very dull and boring. The part where Saruyama become the center of episode (about the furry cat Alien) is downright terrible. The introduction of Oshizu was ended with some ridiculous dancing lessons which made me go....wtf? And sometimes I find Yami is being forced into the episode just so that she got some screentime, like school festival part (animal cafe). Nevertheless I still enjoy watching To-Love-Ru as a whole.


Blassreiter
MAL/official
Gonzo. The first half of the series are awesome I would say, with some adapted human knowledge being put into the theory of Amalgam, a lot of fight between the Chosen Amalgam (Blue, Gerd) and the masses, as well as the fall of XAT as well as the city which really remind me of Raccoon City (Resident Evil). Then somehow I find the story to be messed in the second half, especially when Zwolf was involved with the Blassreiter. So, uh...I don't like how the story goes at this point, although it's still enough to keep me watching till the end. And another bad thing is that the only good female Amalgam, Snow only appear in one episode and, then **** This sucks. Whatever. Fine ending though, with lots of sacrifices...


World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin
MAL/official
One of the better Spring series. I wish the original game of which this series is adapted is available in PS2 or PSP =.= Overall I enjoyed watching all episode but 1 (the episode when Morte lamenting about her dead brother right after the great episode 8 when they were trapped inside the Sand Marine). The comedy is enough to make me laugh, especially whenever it relates to Toppi who never admit being a chibi-bear lol. Kirie the main male lead who was first thought to be a mere catalyst to the Destruc Code, conceal his identity in the very last epiosde (kinda late, huh) and show how imortant he actually is in the context of the Destruct Code.(yeah, a bit rushed). Morte, the main female lead, keep trying to destroy the world solely because of her deceased brother. A fairly serious woman till the end, and suddenly changed when she knew the reality of a Destroyed World. And the romance by the end of the episode is so uncalled... Btw I love Lia and her strong voice. Episode 8 is purely win because of her :3


Zero no Tsukaima 3: Princess no Rondo
MAL/official
We can never know when will ZnT will actually ended. 3 seasons already and still ongoing. This third season, while includes better plot overall compared to, say, season 2 (sub-character story do not want), still does not give a deep impact to the audiance. I mean, I'd love to see those epic 1 vs 1000 fights in season 2 again. Fanservice level remains the same (no complains here, every seasons is like that), but one thing that I still can't quite swallow is the fact that Colbert sensei is somehow being pushed into the series again by faking his death. All my grief over his death in season 2 means nothing naw... At least they don't spoil the ending like what they did with season 2 (friggin ED song ruin the mood). So, I wonder how will my tsundere mode act when season 4 is announced. "d-d--don't misunderstand me, i-i--it's not like I'm watching ZnT because I like the series". LOL


Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
MAL/official
Probably the only Summer show that I enjoy the most. Seeing how Haruka and Yuuto being dense to each other in each episode are fun, although sometimes one can't help but being annoyed, seeing their relationship almost going nowhere as each episode passed. But one weak point of this series (at least for me) is that it contain too much cliche and predictable plots. There are many parts full of stereotypes that took away the inrerest of predicting what would happened next. Example: Hazuki acting strange by going out so often and was mistaken when she went to meet the guy in front of the groom shop. Easily predicted as misunderstanding. Another one: Haruka in happy mood went to school to give some cookies to Yuto, but met her and Shina in such unfavorable position. Yet another misunderstanding. And in the final episode, the fact about Haruka grandfather, which has been repeated by many other series (HnG, for example). But being a school comedy romance anime, I guess these kind of thing is kinda inevitable.


And there's also Sekirei, Macross Frontier, Code Geass R2, Ikkitousen Great Guardian, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Chocolate Underground in my finished list which also ended before Fall.

1 comments:

rayneholde said...

SEASON 4 MUST WANT.

d-d--don't misunderstand me, i-i--it's not like I'm watching ZnT because I like the series >///>