Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Abyss of Nebilim's Crag

Playing Tales of the Abyss, my 2nd playthrough and finally I have reach the very last save point, meaning that Nebilim is now available to be battled. For now I decide to try beating her in Very Hard mode, and if she proves to be less challenging, then I'll retry again later in Unknown mode.
So taking a quick look at my character stats before facing her:

Luke (level 95)
HP/TP: 8735/777
Weapon: Key of Lorelei
Body: Golden Armor
Hand: Draupnir
Accessory: Reflect Ring
Capacity Core: Tutti

Tear (level 93)
HP/TP: 9150/960
Weapon: Blue Crystal Rod
Body: Rare Guard
Hand: Fonic Gloves
Accessory: Black Onyx
Capacity Core: Lunatito

Jade (level 93)
HP/TP: 7973/953
Weapon: Fonic Lance
Body: Fonic Robe
Hand: Angel bracelet
Accessory: Mystic Symbol
Capacity Core: Largamente

Guy (level 93)
HP/TP: 7518/848
Weapon: Jewel of Gardios
Body: Fonic Mail
Hand: Angel bracelet
Accessory: Force Ring
Capacity Core: Grandioz

..........................

Guy and Luke as the main melee attacker/damage tanker, so I equip Force/Reflect Ring to reduce her ridiculous physical/fonic damage. With Key of Lorelei and Jewel of Gardios, they can use their second Mystic rte, Lost Fon Drive and Brilliant Overlord which proves to be even more powereful than their first Mystic Artes. Jade is the main magic damage dealer, hence Mystic Symbol is necessary for him to reduce his casting time further (in addition to AD Skills). I'd rather equip Fonic Lance than Dunamis on him, since the former has higher Fonic Attack. Tear is put in full support mode, using only Revitalize/Resurrection in the whole fight, by disabling the rest of her Artes. Since she's the main healer, it is important for her NOT to die, so I equip Black Onyx to her (HP+30%).

Anyway, in Very Hard mode, Nebilim is pure bitch. In this mode, all her stats are doubled, meaning now she has 640,000 HP, 2628 Physical Attack, 3020 Physical Defense, 1706 Fonic Attack and 2560 Fonic Defense. Damn, that's insane. I heard in Unknown mode her stats are even more terrifying, each base stats multiplied by 3.5. She starts the battle (at least in my battle, she did) with Jade' signature mystic arte, Mystic Cage, dealing 13, 000+ damage to everyone. But it seems like it has the same effect as Big Bang, as none of my character died. Not just this, she also use many other Mystic Artes as well, from Rending Saber, Fortune Arc, Indignition, Radiant Howl and Big Bang. And her own Mystic Arte, Fragmented End is even more painful. There's this time when Guy was kicked out by this move, dealing 60,000+ damage to him. He's dead of course.

The fight was very long, because her defense are obscenely high, physically and magically. A normal physical damage and strike artes can barely affect her HP. Angel's Tear and Resurrect AD Skill are undoubtedly crucial in this match. While Resurrect is pretty random, it does save my ass in several occasions with its occasion resurrection :D Yeah, dying is inevitable in this match even with Tear in full support mode. Sometimes I need to switch character to use item, and most importantly activate Overlimit and use each character 2nd Mystic Arte. Jade' Indignition deals roughly 10000+ damage to her, while Luke' Lost Fon Drive and Guy' Brilliant Overlord deals about 6000+ damage. Tears Fortune Arc is a bit lesser than the rest, but the healing attributes are very useful.

So after about 28 minutes of fighting, I was finally able to beat her. Damn I wish I have something to record the whole battle, it was a nice experience beating her. The fight was really tense, although I admit Ethereal Queen or Freya in Star Ocean 3 are much more difficult to beat. And I was surprised with my record battle, where I gained 85+ grade from this fight alone! Man, the highest grade I ever get before this is just above 30, which is of course another boss battle. I guess I use too much Mystic Artes and FoF Changes, which racks up a huge amount of grade.

Here is a youtube videos which showed similar fight as mine (lol seems like she really start the fight with Mystic Cage). Except seems like this person fight her at even higher average level than mine (ZOMGBBQ lvl 150+ o_O).

0 comments: