Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Springing [part 2]

continued from where I left



Saki
official/MAL
comments: The order of my thought about this show: boobs > mahjong > tacos > awsm seiyuus. Taking all into account, this should be in my watchlist, but for other reason lol. I can say I am literally nub in mahjong as there's only 1 kind of mahjong I ever played - in Suikoden. But I gotta love the specially effect they used during the game especially, although sometimes it looks exaggerating.
verdict: **** (will watch)



Sengoku Basara
official/MAL
comments: I really love Koei's game, especially Samurai Warriors (less for Dynasty Warriors). Sengoku Basara/Devil King is not an exception either, although I don't play the game as much as I play Samurai Warriors. A show full of manliness, so they say. Doesn't matter to me though, I just watch to enjoy the battle in every episode centered toward the Japanese warring period. Although this is the show I really watch to watch, but the availability of normal sized sub prevent me on doing so in weekly basis. FFS there's even an episode with 8GB in size, seriously what the fuck?
verdict: **** (will watch)



Shangri-la
official/MAL
comments: hm...where should I start? I don't even know, as basically there's many things I don't understand while watching this (currently still at ep3). The heavy plot dealing with environment&global warming, supernatural (?) with some energetic little girl trying her best to protect the future for everyone certainly got me D:
Like Pandora, it might be a matter of time before I drop this.
verdict: *** (watch but not priority)



Shinkyoku Soukai Plyphonica Crimson S
official/MAL
comments: Not much to comment either, as the sub is slowpoke.jpg. My observation from the first 2 episode tells me that the story will mostly focus on Phoron/Corti's past, most likely prequel to season 1. At first I am a bit surprised with the change in character art, good thing it went for the better, at least to me.
verdict: *** (watch but not priority)



Tears to Tiara
official/MAL
comments: Since I have played the PC game (Leaf = Utawarerumono = Tears to Tiara = profit), I definitely looks forward to the anime. So far it has yet to disappoint me, especially the fact that the anime adapt PS3 version's character design, which made even Ermin looks lovely. Another enjoyable fantasy adventure animu, especially with the light comedy imbued occasionally.
verdict: ***** (definitely must watch)



Valkyria Chronicles
official/MAL
comments: Also love the show as far as episode 5 goes. The animation quality is easy to the eyes, what more it maintain the similar style used by the game, which certainly made it looks unique and refreshing to the viewer. Sometimes I can't help but thinking about Toshokan Sensou because the similarity of animation (in term of uniqueness), military theme, VA of the main female character, and her relationship with the main character, although Welkin is not as hot tempered/tsundere as Doujou.
verdict: **** (will watch)



Queen's Blade
official/MAL
comments: hm...one word: boobs.
verdict: ** (watching for the lulz)



Tayutama: Kiss of My Deity
official/MAL
comments: Watching the first few episodes and finally unable to prevent myself from dropping the show. I guess I am not fond with this kind of character arts, although to some extent I do enjoy Goshushou-sama Ninomiya-kun (same character design)
verdict: ** (dropped)


others dropped from watchlist:
Eden of the East
Natsu no Arashi

0 comments: