Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Springing [part 1]

yay for spring post, finally. One-third into the season before I came out with this entry, what a lazy bum D:

Before the arrival of Spring anime series, I expect a hell lot of busy time in my uni schedule so I didn't think I would put a number of series in my watchlist. But then the semester doesn't go as bad as I thought (well, at least it's only bad in the middle of the first term due to my insane practicals), as I can still enjoy some animu on weekend and sometimes weekday night providing I finished my work early. And Spring series started somewhere around the end part of my big practicals, so I definitely going to take the chance to take a look at the series it has offered :3

Another "brief" first impression I suppose. Don't have much time to online atm :(



Asura Cryin
official/MAL
comment: Light novel adaptation with supernatural, action and the likes injected into the story (similar to Index/Kaze no Stigma, in some ways). Definitely not something I would expect the first time I saw the promo poster, which looks like some random harem titles. Love the actions/fightings they put, with some jokes here and there (albeit sometimes unnecessarily), and nice OP/ED song by Angela (start loving her songs since Shikabane). Animation wise is marginally okay, the mecha(?) design looks goodl too. +1 for cool OP song.
verdict: **** (will watch)



Fullmetall Alchemist: Brotherhood
official/MAL
Comment: The first time I heard the rumor about this 2nd FMA, I wonder what kind of story would it take. Another alternate story? Direct manga adaptation? Episode 1 told little about it, but it become perfectly clear from episode 2 onward, with the obvious inclusion of stuff from the manga like the corruption in Lior, and recently Shou Tucker's case. I have always been a fan of FMA, both the anime and the manga, so it's no surprising this is among the top of my priority list. One thing that not really to my liking so far are the OP/ED song. Well it's just a matter of taste I guess.
verdict: ***** (absolutely must watch)



Guin Saga
official/MAL
comment: Not an eyecandy for the recent moe stream, I guess. A fantasy adventure series where the main hero had similar fate to Hakuoro (Utawarerumono), irremovable leopard "mask" and searching for the truth about himself, along with a twin who are the descendant of a kingdom. I like where the plot goes as far as episode 3 concern, and hopefully it gets better. For some reason, the BGM used especially during tense moments remind me a lot to certain old rpg games (FF9/Kingdom Heart?).
verdict: *** (will watch, but not priority)



Hatsukoi Limited
official/MAL
comment: From the creator of Ichigo 100%, combined with the masterpiece of JC Staff. So what can you expect - quality animation overloaded with romance. Good thing, the studio production does not messed up the story unlike Ichigo 100% adaptation (at least so far it didn't disappoint me). The comedies are quite funny too, which is definitely a thumb up from me.
verdict: *** (will watch, but not priority)



Hayate the Combat Butler S2
official/MAL
comment: the long awaiting 2nd season, after almost a year missing. Now with more interesting parts of the manga included. Hopefully we will see less filler this time, although at the moment this is written, i still don't know how long will this 2nd season run. And OP by ELISA is so uncalled for, really. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see season 1-style kotoko song. Yet another product of JC Stuff, which means they have now take control of all 4 Kugimiya lolis tsundere (Shana, Louise, Taiga and now Nagi) :333
verdict: **** (will watch)



K-ON!
official/MAL
comment: One of the overhyped show this season so they say. But who cares, I'm totally in love with K-ON, just like how I like Lucky Star. Girl with guitar (bass lulz) is do want. Every episode are refreshing and full of laughter, definitely something I don't want to miss. Every week, something from each episode spread through the internet like a virus. From the unpan, occupational disease, puni puni, to moe moe kyun :3
Added to that is the addictive ED song which become instant hit the moment ep1 came out. Can't argue with this. It's sad that the series only runs for 12 episodes, but there is still possibility for season 2 anyway (which become unlikely/far from certain as the show rolled in). fcuk yeah Mio <3>verdict: ***** (absolutely must watch)



Pandora Hearts
official/MAL
comment: Another supernatural, action series. Nothing much to comment about the story, but I can say that the characters aren't really to my liking. One aspect that I definitely love about the series, which made me stick to it until now is the BGM, composed by none other by my favorite Kajiura Yuki, alongside with the great OP and ED song. I sense imminent dropping, unfortunately. Because so far only the songs/bgm that hold me from dropping this show.
verdict: *** (will watch, but not priority)



Phantom~Requiem of Phantom~
official/MAL
comment: One of the better series for me so far. Dark theme surrounding the involvement of mafia and assassination, with two trained, "heartless" assassins code named Ein and Zwei as the perpetrators. It's interesting to know that the game where it was adapted had way so many routes, some of which I hope would be integrated into the 26-episodes anime. From the current episode (4) onward, I expect both of them doing their usual assassination mission, with once in awhile accidentally exposing their human nature. Ein as normal girl is so lovely :3
verdict: **** (will watch)


...........

but then whether I watch or not on weekly basis depend on subber. I totally can't take sub with more than 300MB, it will totally suck away my monthly internet quota D:

0 comments: