Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Platinum Series: [6] Resonance of Fate

For some reason I had a strong urge to replay Resonance of Fate since coming back to M’sia, although I’ve already finished the 360 version (albeit not getting 1000G). Earlier this year I had planned to borrow the PS3 version from Reppu_Kiri (in exchange for me lending him Valkyria Chronicles), but it was not until early this month that we had a chance to meet, which somehow turned into an informal gath for the gforumer peeps at Tenshi no Cafe at e@Curve, Damansara. Some Maid Café, insane food.

Anyway, I finally got to borrow the game, and immediately played it. My aim for this game is simple: getting a Platinum. I’ve played the 360 version and had the rough estimation on the difficulty of getting the Platinum. And after roughly one week (or 90 hours), I finally managed to complete it.



Title: Resonance of Fate

Developers: Tri-Ace
Platform: PlayStation 3 (PS3)
, Xbox 360
Genre: role-playing

Release date:
Jan 28 (JP); March 16 (NA); March 26 (EU) 2010



Platinum Difficulty: 6/10

Back then in the 360 I only failed (or too lazy) to get one trophy: Stardust Hunter which required me to achieve a Star in every single Arena rank, and that totaled to 500 battles which I must gone through. Easy strategy wise, but a very boring and tedious task because we need to repeat each rank 10 times to get a Star (total 50 ranks). Now for the PS3 version, I was determined to endure it, and after spending almost the whole day entirely at Arena, I finally managed to get it…well I guess this is nothing compared to getting 30,000 kills BT for Edge/Arumat in Star Ocean 4, which I would likely never try to attempt.


I like the score/statistic board for thisgame. Recording almost every single detail about the game. Oh, and that chapter stats were for the second playthrough, hence the 90+ hours for all of them.


Aside of Stardust Hunter, the rest of the trophy was relatively easy to do. I mean, it’s easy as long as you’re accustomed to the mechanic/gameplay of Resonance of Fate. Because mastering the gameplay itself is not easy because just like Tri-Ace’s phenomenal series Valkyrie Profile Silmeria, the game employs something entirely different than the usual turn-based or real-time combat that you found in most jrpgs. Mastering the combat mechanic takes time, but once you know how it worked, marching through the game is a breeze. Well, maybe except another Trophy: Kings of Neverland, which require you to clear the ultimate secret dungeon in the game, Neverland. This dungeon was pretty much like Tri-Ace’s Seraphic Gate or Wandering Dungeon, except that it was much more merciless. Even at level 200+ (max level is level 300), there’s no guarantee that you can pass the dungeon without casualties, because the enemies are THAT strong. Good thing the final bosses in Neverland were not that intimidating. It’s kinda funny because in my fight, I focused on R****a first by chaining max charged MG (Machinegun) and a few charged HG (Handgun) continuously, and that leave her completely stunned to her death. The other boss, S******n only employ physical melee attack, which cause 500-1000 damage (out of 13k-15k hp on my party at level 260+) at most thanks to the imbalanced Neversuit and Hi-Polymer Padding.


The definition of overlevelled. Vashyron almost had a leet hp lol

Since I’ve written almost everything on my mind about the game on many of my old posts when I played the 360 version, I guess there’s not much things for me to say about the game anymore. The ps3 version was pretty much the same as the 360 version. If anything, I’d say that the story remained elusive as ever. I still like the way the story was presented, but I certainly hope Tri-Ace could release something that could explain everything about the story (much like how Grimoire Nier book was released to explain much of the game’s backstory).




On a side note, I love Leanne :3
  • The Resonating Fate (first impression)
  • The Neverending Fate [Part 1]
  • The Neverending Fate [Part 2]
  • [Review] Resonance of Fate
  • 0 comments: