Pages

Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 at a glance: seraph's best anime series

Another year passed, and even more series being aired in anime calendar. Although I've been relatively busy this year partially due to my Honours year, somehow I still managed to provide myself with a bit of time to watch anime, and among the series I've watched (which is many), for the third year running, it's time to list series that I find excel(s) in various categories. Do note that all of these are solely based on how I perceive and enjoy the anime.


Best Winter 2010 anime: Durarara!!
Honorable mention: Ookamikakushi

Best Spring 2010 anime: Angel Beats!
Honorable mention: Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan, Kaichou Wa Maid Sama

Best Summer 2010 anime: Amagami SS
Honorable mention: Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

Best Fall 2009 anime: Bakuman
Honorable mention: Shinryaku Ika Musume, To Aru Majutsu no Index II

And alltogether most of these series went into my top 10 2010 anime series.

Best Mecha Anime: Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector
Honorable mention: -

granted, that's probably the only mecha anime I watched this year

Best Comedy Anime: Mitsudomoe
Honorable mention: Working!, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Hanamaru Youchien, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Most of them really made me laugh, but Mitsudomoe got the final nod for me because, well, it was freaking funny. It's been quite some time since I enjoy an extraordinarily funny series after Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan :3

Best OVA series: Koe de Oshigoto
Honorable mention: Katanagatari

Best Movie (based on DVD release and fansubs): The Dissappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Honorable mention: Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Tales of Vesperia

Best Sequels: Tegami Bachi Reverse
Honorable mention: To Aru Majutsu no Index II

Best Sports anime: Giant Killing
Honorable mention: -

lately there's drought of sports series.

Best adaptation: Bakuman
Honorable mention: Durarara!!

Best ending: Shiki

I choose Shiki because it wasn't really a good or bad ending. And rather than the final episode, it was the whole events that leads to the final episode that made me gave somewhat nice impression to me.

Best Male characters of 2010: Nura Rikuo - Night persona (Nurarihyon no Mago)
Honorable mention: Kamijou Touma (To Aru Majutsu no Index II)

Best Female Characters of 2010: Kumashiro Maya (Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin)
Honorable mention: Ayuzawa Misaki (Kaichou wa Maid-sama)

Most Overrated 2010 anime: The World God Only Knows

Most Underrated 2010 anime: Densetsu Yuusha no Densetsu

Best anime OST: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Honorable mention: Ookamikakushi

Best OP song: Baptize (Yousei Teikoku) - Seikon no Qwaser OP2
Honorable mention: Calendula Requiem (Kanon x Kanon) - Shiki

Best ED song: Hollow Men (Kurosaki Maon) - Highschool of the Dead ED11
Honorable mention: No Thank You (Houkago Tea Time) - K-ON!!

my top 10 of anime OP and ED for 2010 should be posted in a few days

Best insert song: any of the Angel Beats insert

0 comments: