Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So Long, Australia

Tomorrow is the final day of me being here in Australia. I've only been informed of my actual flight ticket last Monday, making the days I've left pretty hectic, dealing with various things like bills, home cleaning, shipping...

4 years flew really quick, it feel like I've only registered in Adelaide Uni yesterday, yet now I've already completed my Degree w/ Honours. By completing my Honours year, I am entitled to continue with PhD, but for some reason I really don't feel like doing so. Partly because I've lost the motivation to study here [I personally find Adelaide, I mean the Waite Campus environment really stale and boring], another reason is because I want to take a short break from study or any form of research. So yeah, someday I'd still want to continue with PhD, but maybe not next year, and certainly somewhere else other than Australia.

Living in Australia is costly, definitely much costly than Malaysia, but the most of the services here are very convenient. The online payment for virtually everything thanks to the visa debit card, the Eftpost when shopping, the all-purpose bus ticket, hospitality and treatment to the elderly, it's no wonder why Aussie ranked 2nd on Human Development Index. Anyway, I haven't travelled much in Aussie, partly because I mostly used my available fund for games : < Good thing I still manage to visit, albeit briefly, the main cities [Canberra/Melbourne/Sydney], as well as playing with snow during my early years here. It was fun, yet tiring. After this, I'm not sure if I'll ever return to Australia. Maybe I will, but certainly not for studying purpose.

Sad? yes, but there's also this feeling that I just don't know how to describe...Until then, goodbye, Australia.


p/s: sorry can't think of any good picture to put :/

0 comments: