Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Platinum Series: [3] Trinity Universe



Previously I have completed Demon God King Kanata's route in my first playthrough of Trinity Universe, and prior to returning to Malaysia, I managed to finish the other route, the Valkyrie route, Rizelea, along with the True Route Ending. At that point, I've left with about 5 Trophies remaining, and the not-so-good thing is that all of them are time-consuming. Since I came back from Aussie, I find it hard to find a decent, stable Internet connection so rather than playing around with my 5 years old laptop (while waiting for my PC which probably still has not been cargo-shipped from Aussie), I decided to continue playing Trinity Universe and try to platinum it. With Comic Fiesta on Saturday, then going around visiting relatives till Monday, I was finally able to get some free time to resume the game the next day, and to my surprise, it didn't take that long to reach Platinum. The third PS3 games I've Platinumed so far, after Last Rebellion and Atelier Rorona.

Platinum difficulty: 5/10
Overall I would say that Platinum difficulty of Trinity Universe is at the range of easy-medium. Most of the trophies are relatively easy to accomplish, as they either require you to battle xxx times, kill xxx enemies, spend xxxx money in shop, and find xxx items. Other trophies like Be a Meteor Shower [do 1000 Fury Combo] do require a bit of skills and planning, but it was not something you'd pull your hair for frustration. The "harder" part of achieving Platinum is arguably - Drift 100 dungeons, Let Yourself Drifted 50 Times, and Get 1,000,000 Evaluation Points. To be exact, they're not hard, but boring and tedious. Because getting a dungeon to appear (which occurred super randomly) is one thing, then when drifted, sometimes you'd get unlucky that it took awhile before a UFO finally appear to save you. Good thing is that all these trophies can be attempted at the same time, and "super coincidentally", I get these three trophies, along with the Platinum, all at the same time : D


all 4 trophies received at the same time at the dungeon I drifted, coincidence much : D

Enjoyment Value - 8.5/10
Now that I can finally put this game on the shelf, my final say on Trinity Universe - A solid, enjoyable JRPG showing how a crossover game done the right way. The theme was light and easy to understand, the story was conveyed with much humors and parodies, making the game entertaining to play - at least for me. The battle system was a bit complex than the average turn-based games, but it was relatively easy to master. Beware of the convert and meteorite features in this game though, as they can break the game and totally make the game much easier, hence taking out part of the fun.


ps: looking forward to more GUST-Nippon Ichi crossover : 3

0 comments: