Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

FIFA11 - the new revolution?



FIFA11 was the latest of FIFA series from EA Sports, released around Oct 28, 2010. Being one off the most anticipated game in my list, I managed to get my preorder a few days before it's released (Asia version) and the shipped items arrived at my home last Tuesday.

As usual, I took my time trying some if not most of the new features added in FIFA 11 (and more importantly, the must-play Career mode), and what I can comments so far:

The Pros
  • The Layout. Although I do think FIFA10 interface looks cooler, I think the new layout in FIFA11 was easier to to navigate through. Plus there are a lot of new options added. Now various type of referees were added, and each of them has different level of strictness. Additionally, you can set whether a handball is deemed a foul or not (full setting made it easier to get a penalty lol).
  • Career mode is awesome. They got a new interface and many additional features make it more realistic (really!). Now you can choose from being a player (that is, the Pro that you've created), a manager or even, Player-Manager. News headlines from other league were added so you're informed about what happened in other leagues.
  • Be a Pro evaluation is more lenient. Remember in FIFA 10 or older, every single action you did on the field is judged, from a perfect cross to missplaced pass which effect your rating significantly. Those rating bar didn't exist in fifa 11, as far as I concern. There's also no more game-to-game objective (like "Score a hatrick vs Chelsea", wtf), one of those annoying things in fifa10.
  • Transfer was processed similar to the real life, where you must first offer a certain price for a player that you want to buy, wait for them to agree then proceed with wage negotiation. Additionally, you can adjust your budget to lean more toward spending or wages. I just wish that they keep the option to upgrade your coaching staff, which didn't exist anymore : (
  • Now you can play as a goalkeeper. Hey, that's cool! But to be honest would any player actually play as a goalkeeper in a game? That's dead boring -_-
  • PC version use the same engine as the new-gen engine. No more of those crappy old FIFA that never change since 07, now PC player can definitely enjoy the same experience and excitement as those in 360/ps3 version did.


The Cons
  • Little to no improvement in gameplay, I mean the way you play on the field. I don't think I've seen any newer Skill Moves other than those I've seen in FIFA 10 (which in all honesty, was epic awesome). Though, the new passing moves only made it harder...for me. (more of that below).
  • It's harder to pass and make your way through the opponent's defense. I don't think I'm alone in this, but I find it hard to use the usual skills I often did in FIFA 10 to move the ball across the field. I've read somewhere that FIFA11 use new passing system, which explains this. I don't know about you, but I prefer the old system in fifa10, although it's kinda fun and challening with this new system in fifa11, especially when you're playing using a 1-star team... -_-
  • The loading time doesn't seem to improve. EA claim the loading time was shorter, but to be honest I didn't really notice the difference. In fact, I thought the loading and those warming up crap in Career mode only make things slower.



Overall I do find myself enjoying FIFA11, more so than the previous FIFA 10 thanks to the awesome additional stuff in Career mode. Recommended? I would say the same thing as one of my pal did - get the game if you're football fan who want something new from FIFA 10, but if you're a casual gamer who play football game for fun, then what's being offered in FIFA10 is enough to satisfy you.


*I think in the future I should make my first impression post short like this one
*

0 comments: