Pages

Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Gate of Seraphim [part 2]

continued from part 1 [here]

Let's see..last time I stop at Port Zala/Zala Coast, which is pretty much a branch from the main road of Seraphic Gate. In order to continue SG, I need to backtrack to Port Zala (from Zala Coast), went to the beach area that leads to the Zala Coast (in actual game) and use the portal there. Back to Bihar Mines. Out of room, take the portal directly on the left. Another nightmare awaits. Arrived in...


Floor 8: Cobasna Timberland

Yes, the second nightmare after Oradian Dunes. Knowing how annoying I am when I go through the real Cobasna Timberland in the actual game (without the help of walkthrough), the Cobasna in SG is no different. Those annoying teleporters are not there anymore. While this might seem a good thing, on a minus side, it is still make things annoying. Again, I need to rely on my 6th sense to go through such a friggin huge area (because there's no map, as usual). So I use the "usual" effective method I always use in many rpgs: stick to the left or right wall, all the way to the end :))
The portal at the end connects with the 9th floor, Nolaan.
A boss here, although I didn't really consider this as real boss because he is fairly weak.
Boss: Peluda (normal mode hp: 350,000)
WEAKKKKKKKKKK

oh, since I found a nice playlist from youtube (credit to animeruko), I guess I should include these videos. And need to edit the previous SG entry too. Though, for some reason s/he is a BIG fan of Capell's Reginleaf :((



Floor 9: Nolaan


It's Nolaan. A peaceful village now infested with monsters. Nothing major to be commented because there is only monsters, no boss. The crab monsters are annoying though.


Floor 10: Vesplume Tower Interior

Hm...what the hell is Vesplume Tower, I almost forgot already. Never mind that, this floor is straightforward. A couple of Order Soldiers and Ogre in my way, which isn't that hard to deal with. BUT. There's a very stronk boss lies ahead, and he is none other than Gabriel Celeste. Ok, actually he is not stronk, just like how average he was in VP, VP Silmeria, Star Ocean and Radiata Stories. But his spinning slashing sword is annoying though. It seems uninterruptable.

Gabriel Celeste, normal mode hp: 1,000,000
video time.


note: this video describes the short journey through floor 10. Notice the form which Gabriel Celeste take? Nice choice of model. That brat as Gabriel, and his sister as Ethereal Queen :)


Floor 11: Kolton

Finally, a save point! \(0w0)/
Genma is there to provide all your need. Resting, and items. I usually would stock up Gold and Silver Metal (Voucher FTW) in case i want to level up more in the next dungeons. To the left (facing the throne room) is a portal that leads to the 12th floor, Castle valette (dead end floor); while going forward 2 rooms lead to portal leading to Graad Wood, the 13th floow (continue to floor 14). There is also a portal that leads back to the real world, Kolton.
So the choice is mine. Go back? But there is no shortcut to continue with my current journey if I go back now. Save? I don't think I need one, because my party is stronk :))


Floow 12: Castle Valette

There's 2 path to choose: going all the way down will lead to a long, long path which eventually come to a dead end. Levelling in this floor at low level is nice, but at level 200+ it is kinda obsolete. So I go to the other way which brought me to the path that leads to the boss - Wrath (normal mode hp: 400,000)

again, another video credit to animeruko.

he is another boss with gay teleport, although not as annoying as Ethereal Queen. But overall 400,000 hp is not something I should be worry about, particularly considering how overpowered I am.
beat him, go back to Portal to Kolton (floor 11) and go forward to floor 12.


Floor 13: Graad Woods


This floow is long. Very long. Just like how annoyed I am while exploring the real Graad Woods due to the sheer length of this wood. Fortunately it is a very straightforward floor with virtually no branch route to confuse you. And, I actually LOVE this floor. Why? Because this is arguably THE best place to level up, get money, and get the MOST valuable ore, Atlantis Metal (ok, I know I can get this easily via voucher). It is the three Ogres by the end of this floor which provides all these benefits. How?
Go to the portal (into 14th floor), go back and you see the three ogres showing their ass to your direction. So what does that means? Use Aya's (or whoever with long range attacks) Cardinal Cloak for Pre-emptive Strike!
Coupled with Exp x 4 (capell's Enhancement skill, consume Gold+Silver Metal), you can easily get 10+ (or even more) levels within half an hour.


Floor 14: Dragonbone Shrine

Kinda tired, so I guess I'll make this shorter. Floor 14 is yet another straightforward dungeon, if you remember the secret path unlocked by Capell and co in the game which allowed him to meet the dragon. A couple of flying monsters, and on the end of the road is a boss. Seaspawn, normal mode hp 550, 000.

video time.


Seppuku if I can't kill him at level 200+. Oh yeah, this boss can transform into a ball like Mr. Kame's turtle in dragon ball and spin around the field.
After this, it is a pretty much straight route until the end of SG.


Floor 15: Castle Prevant

A reverse journey, this time we go from floor 2 to the ground floor. Although there is no boss in this floor, the enemies in this floor are generally far stronger than any other previous floor monsters. And since I mentioned that this dungeon proceed from floor 2 to ground floor, of course I need to deal with the "Dark Room". Fortunately it is not as annoying as the real Castle Prevant Dark Room because 1. there is no traps lying on the ground. 2. there is no gargoyle waiting to ambush you. In the end of the dungeon, there's a portal which leads to the 16th floor, Helgita.


Floor 16: Helgita

Just one more floor to go! The mosnters in this floor has more casters than any other floor. Which is a huge advantage for me, because all my characters are immune to magics (Capell and Edward's Hydra Armor, Sigmund's Eclipse Leggings and Aya's Lunar Necklace) :))
A boss waiting at the church of Helgita down the ground floor. Gryman with 500,000 hp at normal mode.




Floor 17: Lunar Sanctuary

Finally, the final floor~
There is no monsters, but what awaits me are 2 bosses, each need to be fought after another with no break in between. Hence, Enhancement is kinda useless in this fight, because most of the good enhancements expires after 5 minutes, and it is likely that Leonid battle alone would take about 3 to 4 minutes, leaving little to no time left for me to benefit it during the 2nd boss fight.

Anyway, first boss, the return of Leonid (normal mode hp: 1, 800,000).


I don't have problem with him. He is the same old Leonid you've defeated before, with that retarded chains emanating from the ground. And he is easy to hit too.

second boss, ETHEREAL QUEEN (normal mode hp: 2,500,000. add another 2m for Infinity mode)


She's back, baby :D Notice the model used? Oh how I missed the unblessed, and now she's back :3
Yes, she is the strongest boss in Infinite Undiscovery. And one of the most annoying because she keep on teleporting EVERYWHERE on the battlefield. And this is where Capell's Eternal Refrain shines - once succeeded to hit, this Omnislash-like move will keep on hitting the target no matter where it goes. Capell will teleport alongside the target to continue the slash. Which is why, a level 3 Eternal Refrain is a must. Not to mention this skill is one of the coolest skill in the game :)
Her attacks aren't that menacing at level 200+. Seraphim Law, Southern Cross, all are manageable with my current hp. But at one point, she did cast a spell that immobilize my entire party. I almost though I'd dead by that time, fortunately I didn't.

ps: how I wish the battle music for Ethereal Queen was "Incarnation of Devil" Too bad Motoi Sakuraba does not arrange the music for IU.

////////////////////////////////

Congratulations, SG speedrun accomplished. Took me almost 2 hours to complete this from start to finish, with no save, no rest, a marathon from floor to floor. Next time, I do want to challene Hard and Infinite Mode, unfortunately I don't know when will I pick this game again to be played. This year is a busy year in my study after all.

2 comments:

Kevinus said...

That post was like a chapter of a book.
The game looks amazing :O I was considering to buy a PS3 (mainly for FF13), but xbox 360 games look as awesome...
The last battle video was tiresome though lol
I noticed that some of the videos are english-translations, and the voice actors are quite good.

seraph said...

yeah, it's one of the better jrpg for 360, definitely worth a play for jrpg fan. This, together with Tales of Vesperia are the main reason for me to buy a 360.And soon there'll be Star Ocean 4 coming too.

I plan to buy PS3 too (mainly because of Valkyria Chronicles) but I'll put the plan on hold because aside of that, there really aren't many PS3 games that made me crave.

Yeah, the last battle is too long because I think he fought in the highest difficulty, infinite Mode. Unfortunately I can't find a decent English version youtube video for that fight.

And I agree, the English voiceover sounds better than the Jap.