Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 Down

November 8th - Biochemistry II (Biotechnology) B final exam, Wayville Pavillion.
November 15th - Principle of Biotechnology final exam, Wayville Pavillion
November 20th - Immunology&Virology II (Biotechnology) final exam, Wayville Pavilion.

Another final exam paper finished today, leaving one subject left. Review of today's paper, Principle of Biotechnology: Pre-exam, my head almost went exploding because some of the lecture notes are freaking hard to understand, especially Microbial Biotechnology part. I hate memorizing useless theories after all. Post exam: phew, the paper was surprisingly okay, at least I'm confident that I won't take supp exam lol. Brian O'Neil calculation part gives me headache because I've long left arithmetic field since I last took the subject 2 years ago D:
And there's this one question about plant biotechnology....
A farmer has approached you with $500,000 and wants you to produce transgenic canola plants that have improved resistance than what is currently achievable through conventional breeding within a timeframe of 3 to 5 years. He understands that these transgenic lines will not be ready for him at that time point given the tight regulatory constraints that are imposed within Australia and that this would require even more money thereafter. Regardless of these regulatory constraints, outline a detailed research plan (from tissue culture, to construct development, through to the actual transformation process) that will enable you to successfully obtain that funding.
"WHAT THE- I'm not planning to be a plant biotechnologist ffs, and they give me this question? How the heck would I answer this!!!!?"
....is what I would say :3 Well it's true I'm really not into plant biotech, but the infos learnt from this field are important too. And luckily me and my colleagues already discussed about this type of question before, so I had no problem answering this question :3

Regardless, one subject left which is Microbiology - Immunity&Virology this Thursday. In the meantime, I've already ordered my XBOX 360 and hopefully it'll arrive by the time I finished my exam. IU and ToV, HERE I CAAAAAAAME!

0 comments: