Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Noobcake

Sometimes playing DotA with noob can be fun, but other times it can be pretty annoying, especially if they are ignorant and refuse to take advice from his teammate. This is what happened when I play a GG-Client pub game, Oceanic Lobby a few days ago:

Playing -ap game on Sentinel, I randomed Obsidian Destroyer and the said noob pick Faceless Void. We lane top together, facing Furion and Panda. I'm a bit relieved at first because our team had 2 late heroes (antimage and him), while the other 2 heroes are good enough to participate in ganks and hopefully, hold long enough for our carry to shine.
My build, the common skill build for an Obsidian player: Astral-Essence-Astral.

Then this sh1t happen: around level 2 Furion and Panda start to seemingly go for first blood. Furion Sprout, attack followed by Panda's Clap, first blood. He blame me for his death. Sure, I do what I can by Imprisoning Furion while he's sprouted, but level 1 Astral won't be enough compared to 3+ seconds of Sprout. Then he came top again, and yet again he was killed. And again he place all the fault on me. What the hell, where is his Tango, where is his Timewalk? The fourth time he died, he leave soon after. So do the host, to remake.

My justification: If I'm Void, I'd surely learn Timewalk at level 1, and buy at least 2 set of tango, because I know, if I somehow face Furion, I can easily escape his Sprout with either Tango or timewalk. But he never do any of these - obviously ignorant on how to play Void. I realise that he learns Timelock at either level 1 or 2, which is not a good choice so I told him next time learn Timewalk and Backtrack, as his attack speed is not fast enough for Timelock to be effective. He replies: "stfu and let me play".
I don't mind if that's the first time me play Void, but ranting over his death, refuse to listen to those who try to help, that really take away my respect from him.

GG

*screen shot not related*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

timelock over backtrack for me..i prefer the chance to do extra damange/stun rather than the chance to evade dmg..just my opinion..lol..kill rather than run..hehe

nice blog btw

seraph said...

hi there

Yes I do know the usefulness of timelock (agi tread+MoM makes it even more powerful), at lvl 1 Timelock has very little chance to proc, considering his attack speed. Void has no killing power at such early stage even with Timelock, unless he is up against noob of course :P

Sure I don't mind getting timelock+timewalk early, but taking at least one point of Backtrack sometimes can help you to avoid death. It's just as useful as Spectre's Dispersion.