Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

SenBasa 3: Final Heroes Evaluation [Part 1]



Previously I’ve posted about my early evaluation on some of the heroes in Sengoku Basara 3, based on what I experienced when I complete their story mode. At that time however I didn’t really experimented much with their skillsets, especially since most of them didn’t reach past level 40+ by the time I finished their story and therefore has yet to unlock their 2nd or 3rd Special skills. Recently I’ve managed to platinum the game, and obviously taking my time with each heroes, trying various combos and skills against the meanest of bosses (hello Honda and Muneshige), and for that reason I decided to revise my previous hero evaluation, as well as placing them on appropriate Tiers based on a few factors:

1) how I enjoy using these heroes. Some heroes have great skillsets that are easy to chain (Yukimura, Mitsunari, Masamune etc), some have skills that synergised well with each others (Motonari), and some have the “it” factor skills (Kuroda, Yoshihiro). I personally like fast heroes with fast combos. Yukimura, Ieyasu and Date are fast chainers, but I definitely enjoyed Mitsunari and Kotaro much more. And Date has the added bonus of SUPER fast when he used his joke weapons.

2) how comfortable I am with these heroes on Hard mode. Any heroes can be used without much problem on Normal, but IMO the real measure of how good you can use a character is how well you can survive Hard mode with these heroes. As you played through the game, you might find some heroes looked seemingly strong or easy to use , but then on Hard, suddenly you find it difficult to clear the mobs or bosses, or just die too easily (eg Honda, Tsuruhime). So, if I had to pick a few heroes to simply breeze through Hard mode without putting much effort, I would pick the likes of Saica and Oichi.


God Tier (Rank S)
- Saica Magoichi

Awesome Tier (Rank A)
- Mitsunari Ishida
- Kotaro Fuma
- Oichi

Good Tier (Rank B)
- Masamune Date
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
- Yukimura Sanada
- Nobunaga Oda
- Keiji Maeda

Situational Tier (Rank C)
- Tsuruhime
- Kanbe Kuroda
- Yoshihiro Shimazu
- Tadakatsu Honda
- Motonari Mori

Boring Tier (Rank D)
- Motochika Chosokabe
- Yoshitsugu Otani

Extra: Invincible Tier
- Kanetsugu Naoe

Do note that these ranks are merely based on my own personal experience of using these characters, especially while playing on Hard to get their respective 5th Tier joke weapons. Hence some people might put Kanbe or Nobunaga on higher Tier, or Tsuruhime on their shit tier, depending on their preference.


to be continued.


0 comments: