Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

short rant - summer animu part 1

It comes again. My first impression comes late as usual as I'm giving most of the series a few episodes worth of watching before I start commenting.


Bakemonogatari
Official/MAL
Comments: MAL - Bakemonogatari" is a wordplay on the Japanese term bakemono for supernatural creatures and the term monogatari for stories. For some reason I didn't sense "heavy" supernatural touch in the story, but overall I did enjoy the show. The OP sequence change almost every week, big plus since it add more reason to watch OP (I used to just listen to the song whilst doing other stuff in that brief moment). The ED song is enjoyable too. And coming from SHAFT, you know what it means. Awesome, unique animation art with their mindraping dialogues (oh hai Senjogahara) coming once in awhile.
Verdict: **** (will watch)



CANAAN
Official/MAL
Comments: The animation art is excellent, one of the better aspect of CANAAN. I'm not that familiar with Type-moon series, but this show did get some of my interest with all the actions they show week in and out. To be honest I don't really fancy a show with gunfight as the main premise, yet the main characters are so godly that bullets can't hit them no matter what (*coughBlackLagooncough*). Oh wait, fortunately it seems like Canaan haven't reach that extreme level of godlike.
Verdict: *** (watch but not priority)



Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!
Official/MAL
Comments: This season's nosebleed inducer, with massive amount of fanservice (sometimes unnecessary). At first I'm just thinking of watching this for the lulz, but somehow got attached to the show because of...oh well because of many reasons I suppose. How often we see a man hitting a girl with baseball bat?
MAL: Meet Plug, an unusual girl from a parallel world. Plug is a "Juuden-chan," capable of "recharging" people down on their luck, spreading good cheer wherever she goes!
Oh and Alesta > Plug.
Verdict: **** (will watch)



Kanamemo
Official/MAL
Comments: A moe show, I would say. What that turn me on is Kugimiya with her lovely typical tsundere character. What turn me off is the presence of yuri between 2 of the supporting characters. I don't mind if it is meant as a joke (as awesomely done in Maria Holic), but at times it's just too obvious. Nevertheless I would still watch it for the humor. Although sometimes it gets boring seeing Haruka doing the same thing every episode, chasing after the lolis.
Verdict: *** (watch but not priority)



Needless
Official/MAL
Comments: At first glance, you know that this series is pretty much influenced by Gurren Lagann. Everything about the series might seems average, from the cliche story, animation art, bgm etc, but despite that this show is still one of the better show in my book. I like the battle scenes, although I feel they could have made the battle to involve more actions rather than settling the fight with pre-determined special moves (as far as episode 4 concern). And, who would discard the yuri ED sequence? I certainly not :3
Verdict: ***** (definitely must watch)



Princess Lover
Official/MAL
Comments: This season's harem show. Good animation art (+1 for boobs). The story is okay for me, since I'm not really fancy harem show. Well, who wouldn't want to kill someone like Teppei, who in an instant turned from an average guy into a super lucky bastard who got almost everything every man in the world would want?
Verdict: **** (will watch)



Sora no Manimani
Official/MAL
Comments: The art is pretty average for today's standard, but I give this anime +1 for it's story and humors. Astronomy club and gazing stars, this sure brings back my childhood hobby. It's been awhile since we had a "normal" comedy/romance school life animu. "Normal" if we compare to something like Princess Lover, which I bet 100 bucks, simply won't happen in real life no matter how awesome you are. On a side note, sometimes I findMihoshi's persistence and dragging Saku around become a tad bit annoying, although it's not as irritating as Haruhi.
Verdict: *** (watch but not priority)

2 comments:

Kevinus said...

I should add Needless to my list

rayneholde said...

i just noticed juuden-chan was created by the same mangaka who did kissxsis and mahoromatic... bow ditama kan ?

disgusting anime is disgusting, yet it looks fun :3