Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Cross Tactic

Since mid sem break has just begin, I decided to resume some stuff I've put on halt since a long time ago. Recently I've just catching up with the current chapter of Eyeshield 21, and despite getting bored with their usual last minute comeback in recent games (Ojyo, Shinryuji etc), I still enjoy how this Christmas Bowl match against the Teikoku goes.
But that's not really the point of this post, however.


Chapter 287, p18-19. Reading these 2 pages remind me of my old time playing rugby. At that times, our team MJSC Terendak used to be one of Malacca powerhouse, rivalled by KYS (Kolej Yayasan Saad). The same Cross tactic (with slightly different name though) were often used by us as our trump card. During near goal open play, 2 Props or Locks anchoring the Hooker who holds the ball, (like Hiruma in this case) and two other group consist of other fast-running forward will do the cross-run; one of them will receive the ball and the other act as bait (Sena and Monta respectively).

even made me smile more when reminiscing of the memories when I play rugby for MJSC Serting. In 2004, Negeri Sembilan Tournament, we face STJ (Sains Tunku Jaafar), arguably tone of he toughest opponent in the first rounf of playoff (think it like Deimon vs Ojyo during their very first match early in the ES21 chapters - thats how the strength gap was). We lost, of course. We even failed using the Cross-run as described above due to some confusion in passing. Haha.
I missed those old days~~~

0 comments: